Friday, July 11, 2014

Pickling Spice Recipe

The Best of the Best Pickling Spice*
2 T Black Peppercorns
2 T Mustard Seeds
2 T Coriander Seeds
2 T Hot Pepper Flakes
2 T Whole Allspice Berries
1 T Whole Cloves
1 T Ground Ginger
1 T Crushed Cardamom Pods
24 Crushed Bay Leaves
5 Crushed Star Anise
1 Whole Nutmeg Crushed

Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container until needed.

*I took the best spices from the best pickling spice recipes.  I had some trouble finding certain spices (black mustard seeds evidently just dont exist in Indiana) but I did find most at Whole Foods.  Strangely enough, their bulk spice section is SUPER affordable and I was able to purchase just the amount needed for the recipe and they were all organic which is an added bonus.  I dont have any leftover spices to linger in my cabinet and I didnt end up paying $4.99 for my coriander seeds (just 29 cents!).


  

No comments:

Post a Comment